Like most website operators, https://sec2020.um.si/ collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. https://sec2020.um.si/ purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use the website. From time to time, we may release non-personally-identifying information in an aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
The personal data
By registering for the Conference, you are providing us with your personal data and contact information as requested in the online registration form. Other people may provide information on you as requested in the online registration form.
The data collected in the registration form includes:
- your full name;
- your job title;
- your organisation;
- your phone number;
- your dietary requirements;
- your organisation address;
- your email address;
- Accepted paper/contribution title and identification number.
Purpose of processing your personal data
We will use your personal data to hold the Conference, and this will include to:
- register and facilitate your attendance at the IFIP SEC 2020;
- analyse attendance at and any subsequent communications in relation to the Conference;
- provide you with updates and details relating to the Conference;
- manage delegates, sponsor and customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- take photographs and record videos of the IFIP SEC 2020 Conference, and to produce promotional material to advertise the Conference and to promote future events; and
- handle any legal claims or regulatory proceedings and ensure legal regulatory compliance.
Legal basis of processing your personal data for the Event
The legal basis relied on by us for processing your personal data in relation to holding the IFIP SEC 2020 Conference, and promoting it, is out of necessity for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, which is your registration for the Conference.
We may photograph or film some of the Conference, which may feature group shots of event attendees. The legal basis relied on by us for processing your personal data in relation to taking photographs and recording videos of the IFIP SEC Conference is legitimate interests. The legitimate interests are in having a record of the Conference and the means to promote it, including in future years.
To the extent that you provide, in the registration form or by subsequent email, special categories of data (including data revealing health or medical details), the legal basis for our processing such information is your consent and our purpose is to ensure your safety and wellbeing at the Conference.
Where you provide us with any information on your dietary requirements in the online registration form you consent for us, the venue and/or the catering provider to process this information for the purpose of providing you with catering services.
Purpose of other processing
We will also use your personal data for marketing or other commercial purposes including to:
- provide you with updates relating to other events/conferences you might be interested in;
- inform you about similar events we intend to hold in the future;
- market certain goods or services which we believe will be of relevance or interest to you;
- improve existing products and services and develop new products and services; and
- photograph and/or record the IFIP SEC 2020 Conference for business and promotional purposes.
This may include contacting you from time to time by email.
Legal basis for other processing
The legal basis relied on by us for communicating marketing to you is legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are to promote our or third parties’ events that could interest you, and to monitor the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
Protection of Personally-Identifying Information
https://sec2020.um.si/ discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees and contractors that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services available at https://sec2020.um.si/, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. We will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees and contractors (e.g. catering), as described above, https://sec2020.um.si/ discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of https://sec2020.um.si/, third parties or the public at large. We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
We will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies.
Where we retain your information for events and contract fulfilment, we will retain for the period required by applicable law for legal, tax, and accounting purposes. This will be a minimum of ten years. Where we store your information for marketing purposes, we retain it for three years from your last engagement.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- You have the right to access, request a copy, update or to delete the personal data we have on you;
- you have the right to request that your personal data are erased if there is no longer a justification for them to be processed;
- you have the right in certain circumstances to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted;
- you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where processing is based on legitimate interests;
- you have an absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data being used for direct marketing purposes, and to withdraw consent for third party advertising; and
- you have the right to request the transfer of your personal data that you have provided, and for it to be provided in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format.
Please contact us at the addresses below if you would like to exercise any of these rights or have any queries regarding our use of your data.
https://sec2020.um.si/ follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this as a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To External Sites